Avanafil is a drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction) that went on sale in 2011. The first country, in which this drug was approved for the erectile dysfunction treatment, was South Korea.
Then, this drug was licensed for sale in Australia, Europe, USA, Canada, and dozens of other countries. In different countries, Avanafil tablets are sold under various brand names.
- In Australian pharmacies, Avanafil is sold under the brand Spedra
- In North America, Avanafil is known under the brand name Stendra
- In Korea, Avanafil is registered under the brand Zepeed.
Avanafil tablets may have different trade names, yet they have the same action mechanism and effects.Avanafil works just like other popular pills for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, including Vardenafil and Tadalafil.
Avanafil helps men get a firm erection by stimulating additional blood inflow to the penis.By leveraging the hemodynamic processes in the erectile tissue of the penis, Avanafil helps men get an erection, sufficient for a successful start and completion of a sexual intercourse.
For the recovery of erectile function, men can be recommended tablets:
- Avanafil 50mg
- Avanafil 100mg
- Avanafil 200mg.
The more complicated it is for a man to achieve an erection, the higher Avanafil dose he needs.The key advantage of Avanafil over other pills for the erectile dysfunction treatment is a faster achievement of the desired effect.
Results of the trial, held in 2014, showed that:
- The average Avanafil dose of 100mg helps to get an erection in just 12 minutes after the intake.
- The maximum Avanafil dose of 200mg starts working within 10 minutes after the administration.
Despite the fact that Avanafil starts working faster than other drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, its popularity is not growing as quickly, as its manufacturer would like it to grow.Avanafil tablets are sold for more than 5 years, yet their global sales remain at very low levels so far.
The main reason for the slow pace of Avanafil sales growth is their high cost.
- The global pharmaceutical market offers dozens of effective drugs for the erectile dysfunction treatment, which are sold at a price that doesn’t exceed 1-2 AUD per dose.
- Price for one Avanafil dose ranges from 15 to 20 AUD. It is therefore not surprising that the majority of men are choosing cheaper medicines to treat erectile dysfunction.
Avanafil will cost more than other similar products as long as its analogs appear in pharmacies.
- In Europe, Avanafil formula is patented until 2023-2025
- In Australia, the term of patent protection for Avanafil expires in 2025-2027.
Avanafil analogs will be available no earlier than its patent protection expires. Therefore, the owner of the exclusive rights to this drug in the medium term is a single company.Today, all rights for Avanafil belong to the company Vivus.
But However, the story of this drug is associated with a number of pharmaceutical companies:
- Molecular Formula of Avanafil was discovered by the employees of the company Tanabe Seiyaku Co (part of the Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma since 2007). At the initial stage of the study, Avanafil drug was called “TA-1790”.
- In February 2001, Tanabe Seiyaku sold the rights for the development and marketing of Avanafil (TA-1790) to the company Vivus. Vivus studied Avanafil effect on male sexual function for 10 years.
- After a successful completion of clinical trials on Avanafil Vivus launched its sale in dozens of countries around the world (including Australia).
To achieve a successful global commercialization of Avanafil, Vivus has signed several partnership agreements with other pharmaceutical companies.
- The exclusive Australian supplier of Avanafil became Menarini Group.
- JW Pharmaceutical Company became the Korean supplier of Avanafil.
- The owner of a marketing authorization for Avanafil in Africa, Turkey and the Middle East is Sanofi SA.
- Until mid-2016, the North American Avanafil supplier was Auxilium Company (part of the Endo Pharma). In the second half of 2016, the right to supply Avanafil in North and South America, as well as India, was obtained by the company Metuchen Pharmaceuticals.
Today, Avanafil (Spedra, Stendra, Zepeed) is the fourth most popular drug for treating erectile dysfunction. If Vivus Company fails to offer potential customers a lower price for Avanafil, this drug won’t be able to achieve the same incredible popularity, like pills for the erectile dysfunction treatment of erectile dysfunction:
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Tadalafil (Cialis).
Avanafil for erectile dysfunction
Avanafil tablets for erectile dysfunction treatment.
Avanafil is sold under the brand name Spedra at Australian pharmacies. In 2017, the only Australian supplier of Avanafil is a company Menarini.
Just as other oral drugs for erectile dysfunction treatment, Avanafil helps:
- restore erectile function
- increase the number of successful sexual acts.
Avanafil helps to lead natural, spontaneous sex life and not to change usual habits of sexual behavior, as well as significantly improve quality of sex life.
The results of four clinical trials of Avanafil confirm high efficiency of this drug for erectile dysfunction treatment. Avanafil helps to restore potency for approximately 20 minutes after oral administration – only in response to sexual stimulation.
Avanafil 50mg: How to use.
An Italian pharmaceutical company Menarini is the only supplier of Avanafil in Australia.
Avanafil 50mg tablets are sold in Australia under the brand name Spedra.
- Pale-yellow tablets Avanafil 50mg engraved with “50” on one side.
- Avanafil tablets come in bottles (30 or 100 pieces in a package).
- Shelf life of the tablets is 5 years.
Avanafil 50 mg is the minimum effective dose prescribed for men with erectile dysfunction. The average dose of 50 mg can be recommended for men who:
- Suffer from liver disease
- Take medicines that interact with Avanafil
- Experience side effects when using higher doses of Avanafil.
Avanafil 100 mg
Avanafil 100 mg tablets: trademarks and suppliers.
Stendra drug is used to treat erectile dysfunction and contains active ingredient Avanafil.
- 100 mg – is the recommended initial dose of the drug for most men experiencing potency problems
- Avanafil 100 mg tablets were approved by the FDA for erectile dysfunction on April 27, 2012.
These tablets are manufactured by an US pharmaceutical company Metuchen, which also has representative offices in such countries as India and Canada.
Metuchen has received an exclusive license by Vivus company for commercialization and promotion of Avanafil 100 mg tablets in the USA under the brand name Stendra.
- Bottles contain 30 and 100 of Avanafil 100 mg tablets.
- Oval pale yellow tablets marked with “100” on one side.
Avanafil 100 mg tablets are sold not only in the US, but also in other countries of the world: Canada, India. In Europe, Avanafil 100 mg was approved later than in the United States – in June 2013 and is marketed under the brand name Spedra.
Avanafil 200 mg
How to take Avanafil 200 mg tablets properly.
Avanafil 200 mg tablets are often used in the United States for effective erectile dysfunction treatment caused by organic or psychological disorders.
The American urologists prescribe the maximum dose of Avanafil 200 mg to their patients in insufficient clinical response to the lower doses (50 mg or 100 mg).
The maximum daily dose of Avanafil 200 mg is often recommend for patients with erectile dysfunction caused by endocrine diseases, including diabetes.
However, Avanafil 200 mg should not be used in:
- elderly men over 70 years old,
- severe renal insufficiency,
- severe hepatic dysfunction.
The original Avanafil 200 mg tablets have oval shape and yellow color. The authorization procedure of Avanafil 200 mg tablets in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) was completed on April 27, 2012.
Avanafil 200 mg is registered under the individual number NDA 202 276 in the US FDA Registry.
Avanafil is used to treat the erectile dysfunction. Americans know this drug under the brand name Stendra, Europeans and Australians – under the name Spedra. If a man wants to save on pharmacotherapy for erectile dysfunction, he can buy cheap Avanafil generics. They will be as effective for increasing the potency, as the original drugs are, but cost much less.
The pharmaceutical company Vivus has exclusive rights to manufacture and sell Avanafil-based products. Vivus has reached agreements with several other pharmaceutical companies on licensing and commercialization of Avanafil under several brand names in different countries.
In April 2012, the FDA approved Stendra for sale in the USA. In July 2013, the pharmaceutical company Menarini has obtained a marketing authorization for Spedra sales in the European Union, as well as in Australia and New Zealand. In addition, the drug to increase potency is sold in South Korea under the brand name Zepeed.
All Avanafil-based products are still under patent protection. Since the patent protection for drugs acts at least 10 years, the emergence of generics in European and American pharmacies is not expected earlier than 2023.
However, men can buy cheap Avanafil generics already now and use them to increase potency. In online pharmacies, drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction are sold without a prescription. All that a man needs to do before placing an order is to make sure that the online pharmacy delivers Avanafil to the region of his residence.
Avanafil generics are sold under such brands, as Sai Avana, Avandra, Avagra, Zepeed, Avana, as well as under its generic name. Low-cost of generic drugs is due to minimum costs of their development. The formula of the active ingredient Avanafil was already known and it did not have to be developed from scratch.
Thus, by ordering one of Avanafil generics online, men can:
- get an effective drug for increasing potency without a prescription;
- compare prices and choose the cheapest medicine for the treatment of erectile dysfunction;
- significantly save money on pharmacotherapy for erectile dysfunction.
To treat the erectile dysfunction, men use tablets, each of which contains 50 mg, 100 mg or 200 mg of Avanafil. All pills contribute to increased potency, but men can have a different response to the effect of the drug. Therefore, the dosage of the drug should be determined only by a doctor for each patient individually.
Men can have sexual intercourse within 15-30 minutes after the administration of Avanafil. Without a proper arousal, the medication will simply not take effect. The therapeutic effect lasts about 4-5 hours. This time is sufficient for having several full sexual intercourses.
Before placing an order for Avanafil generics, men need to ensure that they have no contraindications to their use, including:
- serious liver or kidney disease;
- increased sensitivity to the active ingredient;
- severe cardiovascular diseases, in which sexual activity is contraindicated.
Avanafil generics may cause side effects, but most often they are not clinically significant. Men may experience headaches, dizziness, nasal congestion, back pain or nausea.
Partial/complete loss of vision or hearing, and priapism (prolonged painful erections) are possible in very rare cases. If serious side effects manifest, men should consult with a doctor as soon as possible.
When prescribing a drug to increase potency, the attending physician should consider possible interactions with other drugs.
None of Avanafil generics is compatible with:
- macrolide antibiotics
- stimulators of soluble guanylate cyclase
- antiretroviral drugs
- medications from the group of organic nitrates.
Avanafil generics can enhance the hypotensive effect of alpha-blockers or nitrates. Macrolide antibiotics and anti-retroviral drugs can enhance the toxic effects of Avanafil on the body.