Impaired penile sensitivity is a common cause of sexual disorders in men, such as:
The sensitivity threshold of the penis depends directly on the function of the nervous system.
The risk factors for the sensitivity disorder of male genitalia are:
- infectious diseases
- complications in pelvic surgery
- trauma to the spinal cord or brain
- alcohol or cigarette abuse
- age-related or inherited disorders
- neurogenic or psychogenic disorders
- metabolic or endocrine disorders.
Such drugs, like Oxytocin (Syntocinon), Apomorphine (Apomine) and Amantadine (Symmetrel), refer to the drugs that increase the sensitivity of the penis with a deficiency of male orgasm. Men with delayed ejaculation, caused by stress or depression, are prescribed these drugs in combination with psychotherapy.