Sildenafil is the first oral drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction) that was registered in Australia in 1998. Potential buyers known this drug better under the brand name Viagra.
- Only oral Sildenafil tablets are sold today in Australia.
- In European countries, in addition to conventional tablets, you can find chewable and orodispersible Sildenafil* tablets.
Other dosage forms of the drug are available at the international pharmaceutical market, including:
- Oral jelly
- Effervescent tablets
- Oral suspension*
- Solution for injections*
- Soft gelatin capsules
- Hard gelatin capsules.
* Sildenafil solution and suspension are approved for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension and are not used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Three Sildenafil dosages are available today in Australia:
Another dosage you can buy in Europe is Sildenafil 75mg.
A wide range of dosages allows selecting the optimal dose of the drug for each man.
- One Sildenafil 25mg tablet is the minimum effective dose, required to restore the mechanism of the penis erection.
- One Sildenafil 100mg tablet is considered the maximum daily dose. Yet, men can be rarely prescribed doses that exceed 100 mg.
Efficacy and safety of Sildenafil has been proven by studies and confirmed by national health systems of all the developed countries of the world. Research results show that:
- Sildenafil helps achieve an erection, regardless of the causes of sexual dysfunction.
- Sildenafil does not cause serious side effects and can be administered at any age (provided there are no contraindications).
- Sildenafil may be used in combination with other therapeutic drugs of groups (but not all).
- Sildenafil can be taken by men, in whom erectile dysfunction is associated with other diseases.
When a man buys Sildenafil, he may leave the doubts about the efficacy of this drug. Yet, to make the erectile dysfunction treatment not only effective, but also safe, it is important to carefully read the leaflet before you start using Sildenafil tablets.
If the information in the leaflet is not clear or seems incomplete, you should consult a healthcare professional (doctor/pharmacist). When you use Sildenafil for long-term erectile dysfunction treatment that lasts a few years or months, you should re-read the leaflet from time to time.
If the conditions have arisen during the period of erectile dysfunction treatment, in which the use of Sildenafil is contraindicated, this drug should be abolished and replaced with other treatments for erection problems.
How to buy Sildenafil in Australia?
To purchase Sildenafil tablets for the erectile dysfunction treatment in Australian certified pharmacies, you will need a prescription. If you want to get your first prescription for Sildenafil, you will need to undergo several diagnostic tests.
The test results will help your doctor determine the cause of erectile problems, and will help determine whether you do have any contraindications to oral erectile dysfunction therapy, or not.
In some Australian clinics, you can get the first dose of Sildenafil free of charge. Test dose helps achieve two objectives.
- Firstly, a test dose helps the physician determine the presence/absence of a drug allergy to Sildenafil.
- Secondly, a test dose helps the man get ensure that Sildenafil actually works and does not cause serious side effects.
The standard Sildenafil test dose is 50 mg. Subsequent doses may remain on the level of 50mg, increased to 100mg or decreased to 25mg.
After determining the optimal therapeutic dose, man can get a prescription for 1, 4, 8, or 12 single Sildenafil doses. In 2017, other pack sizes are not available in Australian pharmacies.
In 2017, the list of authorized Australian suppliers of Sildenafil included several dozen pharmaceutical companies. Before you buy the drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, men always have the possibility to find out the price for Sildenafil tablets, produced by different companies, and choose the cheapest ones.
Given the fact that many pharmacies sell Sildenafil online, you can find out the cost of the drug without leaving your home or office. If the pharmacy provides the opportunity to order pills for enhancing sexual strength without prescription, men can buy Sildenafil online in just a few minutes.
If you want to find Sildenafil capsules at Australian pharmacies, you will not be able to do this today.
The TGA has approved several dosage forms of Sildenafil, including:
- solution for injections.
Sildenafil capsules are not sold in Australia, but they can be found on online pharmacies. The most popular capsules for erectile dysfunction treatment based on Sildenafil are marketed under the brands Sildigra and Fildena.
After Sildenafil capsules will be approved by the TGA, they will appear at Australian pharmacies.
Sildenafil capsules are used just as pills. Capsules rapidly dissolve, their content is released immediately and the needed effect can occur faster than when using tablets.
The capsules and tablets contain the same active substance.
Inactive ingredients may vary.
If inactive substances of Sildenafil tablets cause side effects, the capsules can be recommended.
Sildenafil chewable tablets
Benefits of Sildenafil chewable tablets.
Sildenafil chewable tablets contain the same dosage of the active ingredient as conventional tablets – 25mg, 50mg and 100 mg.
Chewable tablets Sildenafil have certain advantages comparing to the conventional tablets:
- Pleasant taste
- There is no need to take the drug with water
- Rapid absorption of the active ingredient in the blood and rapid achievement of erection.
Disadvantages of chewable tablets Sildenafil are their fragility and brittleness. Manufacturing technology of chewable and conventional tablets differs from each other.
Therefore, chewable tablets can be not solid enough and more hygroscopic than conventional tablets.
Unlike conventional tablets, chewable tablets Sildenafil are not rounded-diamond-shaped, but can have a triangular or square shape with different marking depending on the dose:
- 25 mg of Sildenafil – «25»
- 50 mg of Sildenafil – «50»
- 100 mg of Sildenafil – «100».
Chewable tablets Sildenafil are sold in Finland under its generic name. The supplier of the drug is a local pharmaceutical company Orion.
In the UK, you can buy Sildenafil chewable tablets under the brand name Nipatra. A company Mercury Pharmaceuticals is engaged in the drug supply.
Residents of the Czech Republic can buy Sildenafil chewable tablets under the brand names Katora or Rosytona. The Czech suppliers of this drug are companies Svus Pharma and Actavis.
In addition, Sildenafil chewable tablets are sold under such brands as Yextor, Inventum and Maxigra Go in Poland.
The Polish suppliers of chewable tablets are the companies Tactica Pharmaceuticals, Aflofarm and Polpharma.
Conventional and chewable tablets Sildenafil have the same recommendations for use – one tablet a day for about 1 hour before anticipated sexual activity.
Sildenafil 75 mg
In 2013, a new pharmaceutical form of Sildenafil – orodispersible films was released to the pharmaceutical market. Their uniqueness lies in speed of therapeutic action, as well as in a completely new drug strength. Besides 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg, Sildenafil orodispersible films are available in a dose of 75 mg.
Prior to approval of sale and use of orodispersible films, drugs with Sildenafil were not produced in dosage strength 75 mg. Sildenafil 75 mg orodispersible films are the perfect solution for men who:
- have side effects after using the maximum dose of this drug to treat erectile dysfunction (100 mg);
- cannot get enough penis rigidity when using lower doses of Sildenafil (25 mg or 50 mg).
When Sildenafil 75 mg orodispersible films came into the market, men have had the opportunity to buy this drug to treat erectile dysfunction at the dose they need. Thus, Sildenafil 75 mg is not only a convenient dosage form, but also a great way to save money.
To date, Sildenafil 75 mg orodispersible films are produced under the brands SildeHEXAL and Tornetis. In addition, one can buy this drug for erectile dysfunction treatment under the generic name Sildenafil 75 mg at pharmacies.
The rights to manufacture and distribute Sildenafil 75 mg orodispersible films are owned by popular pharmaceutical companies Hexal, IBSA, Sandoz and its subsidiaries – Lek and Salutas Pharma.
Today Sildenafil 75 mg is very popular in some European countries, including Poland, Germany, the United Kingdom, Slovenia and Romania.
Sildenafil injection drug in Australia.
The Australian cardiologists often prescribe Sildenafil injection drug to adult patients for treatment of various forms of pulmonary hypertension.
This drug is sold in vials for single use of 10 mg / 12.5 ml at Australian pharmacies.
The manufacturer and the only distributor of this drug on Australian pharmaceutical market is a company Pfizer.
There are several interesting facts about Sildenafil injection drug:
- It is possible to buy this drug under the brand name Revatio at the Australian pharmacies.
- To date, there are no analogues of this drug at the Australian market.
- On August 14, 2006, Sildenafil injection drug was approved for supply and sale in the Australia.
Sildenafil injection drug – is an ideal alternative to oral drugs for treatment of hypertension (suspension, tablets). It is used by patients with dysphagia who favorably respond to therapeutic effect of Sildenafil, but cannot take it in solid dosage forms.
Sildenafil Oral Jelly
Sildenafil is used to treat erection problems for almost 20 years and now is not perceived as an innovative drug. Today, attention of scientists is focused on development of new dosage forms of Sildenafil and increase in effectiveness of erectile dysfunction treatment.
Oral Jelly is a new dosage form of Sildenafil. Sildenafil Oral Jelly came into the market later than Sildenafil tablets, but very quickly have become popular among men.
Effectiveness of Sildenafil Oral Jelly and tablets is the same. Nevertheless, there are several differences between them that influence men’s choice.
Advantages of Sildenafil Oral Jelly comparing to tablets:
- firstly, sachet is taken with or without water
- secondly, the drug begins to be absorbed in the oral cavity
- thirdly, Sildenafil Oral Jelly has a pleasant taste, which is retained after swallowing.
Some men like the fact that Sildenafil Oral Jelly is taken without water. The drug for erectile function improvement can be taken in a public place, imperceptibly for others.
Rapid solubility and increased absorption rate are the main advantages of Sildenafil Oral Jelly. It is due to this men give preference to the new dosage form.
Bioavailability of Sildenafil Oral Jelly is higher comparing to other oral fast dissolving dosage forms of Sildenafil. Improved bioavailability allows to reduce time of onset of the drug effect up to 15-30 minutes. Tablets usually start to work within 30-60 minutes after administration.
Fruity taste is not the main advantage of Sildenafil Oral Jelly; in fact, this is a pleasant bonus. However, if a man is experiencing an apparent aversion to tablets with a neutral odor, Sildenafil Oral Jelly with fruit flavor is the best solution.
Sildenafil Oral Jelly guarantees fast and stable results. Therefore, demand for this dosage form constantly increases. Demand for Sildenafil tablets is also growing, but not as fast as for the new dosage form.
Today you can buy Sildenafil Oral Jelly under different trademarks. The most popular of them are as follows:
One of the disadvantages of Sildenafil Oral Jelly is the fact that this drug is not sold at pharmacies of every country. At this time, the new dosage form of Sildenafil has not undergone premarket testing in the USA and Europe, so is not available at pharmacies of these countries.
Today there is an opportunity to buy Sildenafil Oral Jelly on online pharmacies. Such pharmacies combine convenience and economic benefit:
- 24-hour acceptance of orders
- the lowest prices
- timely delivery.
Online pharmacies are extremely beneficial. Men can tell about their potency problems, get professional help and herewith remain anonymous.
How to use Sildenafil suspension?
Various dosage forms of Sildenafil, including powder for oral suspension are used to treat patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the United States. This medication is known under the name Revatio and supplied to the USA by a pharmaceutical company Pfizer.
This company supplies Revatio to the USA in the following dosage forms:
- solution for injection
- oral suspension.
Sildenafil suspension is approved by the FDA for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension in 2012. Mix Sildenafil powder with water, stir it and then take orally.
Sildenafil suspension has several advantages during the treatment comparing to the tablets. Not all patients can take tablets. Use of Sildenafil suspension is an ideal solution for them.
The prepared solution Sildenafil has a pleasant grape flavor and does not cause problems with swallowing. The recommended doses (5-20mg) should be administered three times per day, about every 5 hours.
White cream powder Sildenafil comes with a measuring cup (30ml) and a glass bottle for preparation of oral suspension. The recommended amount of Sildenafil powder and 60ml of water (2 measuring cups) should be added to the glass bottle.
Shake up the solution for 30 seconds. Add another 30ml of water and shake it up again. Regardless of the used dose, 90ml of water should always be added.
Syringe for oral use is intended to administer the recommended doses of Sildenafil. After the drug administration, pull the syringe plunger and wash both parts in water. Store the syringe in a clean and safe place together with the medicine.
Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction
Sildenafil: the ultimate weapon for erectile dysfunction.
Sildenafil is widely known in Australia under such brand as Viagra. To solve potency problems, men can take Sildenafil once a day, 1 hour before anticipated sexual intercourse.
- Sildenafil dosage for erectile dysfunction treatment is 25, 50 or 100 mg.
- Do not exceed the maximum dose of Sildenafil 100 mg or take the drug more than once a day.
This drug is safe both for single use and during long-term regular use. Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction can be used until complete elimination of sexual disorders.
Safety and efficacy of Sildenafil were evaluated during several clinical trials. Patients aged 18 and older well tolerated the drug action.
Use of Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction treatment is not accompanied by any clinically significant side effects. All adverse reactions are mild or moderate and usually disappear in periodical use of Sildenafil.
Sildenafil for women
Sildenafil in female sexual dysfunction.
Sildenafil is one of the most popular drugs for treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. The results of clinical studies confirm that Sildenafil may also help to increase sexual arousal in women with sexual dysfunction.
Sildenafil increases the blood flow to the female genital organs and enhances sensitivity of receptors in the vagina.
Thus, use of Sildenafil tablets increases female response to sexual stimuli, as well as promotes:
- increase in sexual arousal
- increase in secretion of vaginal discharges
- strengthening of orgasm during sexual activity
- increase in sensitivity of receptors in the genitals.
However, Sildenafil helps to restore sexual desire only in women with low libido caused by:
- surgery to remove the uterus
- circulatory disorders
- hormonal disorders
- use of antidepressants.
Moreover, Sildenafil helps to enhance sexual arousal in women with such diseases as:
- Addison’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- chronic fatigue
- heart failure.
Sildenafil tablets are not recommended for women who do not experience sexual desire to their partner because of mental disorders, interpersonal conflicts or emotional barriers
Today you can buy Sildenafil for women under such popular brands as Female Viagra Original, Ladygra, and Lovegra on online pharmacies.
The manufacturers and suppliers of Sildenafil for women are Ajanta, RSM, KC Pharma and EPFU companies.
Sildenafil for pulmonary arterial hypertension
Sildenafil for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Sildenafil is approved for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension in Australia and in most other countries.
Sildenafil belongs to a group of drugs known as erectile dysfunction inhibitors. As a result of using such drugs:
- pulmonary blood vessels relax and expand
- blood flow is improved
- load on the heart muscle decreases.
Regular use of Sildenafil causes a statistically significant reduction of mean pulmonary artery pressure.
This helps to reduce health risks associated with this disease. Intensity of fatigue, tachycardia, shortness of breath and other symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension decreases or they completely disappear.
It should be noted that various dosage forms of Sildenafil are used to relax smooth muscles of the blood vessels.
For example, at Australian pharmacies you can buy Sildenafil in the form of:
- powder for oral suspension
- solution for injections.
Regardless of dosage form, the recommended doses of Sildenafil are taken 3 times a day. Solution for injections is administered directly into the blood, so it should be used at a lower dose than pills or suspension.
Today, a variety of drugs for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension that include Sildenafil can be found at Australian pharmacies. The suppliers of these drugs are such pharmaceutical companies as Medis, Dr Reddys, Accord, Amneal.
Australian Sildenafil suppliers
Sildenafil is one of the main drugs successfully used to treat erectile dysfunction in men aged 18 and older.
Sildenafil was developed by Pfizer specialists in the early 1990s and recognized as safe and effective remedy for men experiencing erection problems. Demand and sales volume of Sildenafil grow not only in Australia, but also all over the world.
At Australian market, Sildenafil is supplied by local and foreign companies, most of which have extensive experience in production of brand name drugs and generic drugs.
To date, the main Australian suppliers of Sildenafil are as follows:
- The American pharmaceutical giant Pfizer – this company delivers Sildenafil to the country under the world famous brand Viagra.
- Sun Pharma ANZ – this Indian pharmaceutical company specializes in production of generic drugs. Sildenafil is delivered to retail networks under the brand name Silaran.
- Amneal Pharma – the only Australian company that offers in-house generic products. The company’s product portfolio consists of more than 285 generic drugs.
- Arrow Pharmaceuticals – founded in September 2015 after acquisition of Aspen Pharmacare by Strides company.
- Arrow supplies Sildenafil under the trade name Vasafil.
- Apotex – an Australian branch of the Apotex Group of Companies. Purpose of Apotex is to provide access to Australians to high quality and inexpensive generic drugs.
- Accord Healthcare – is an Australian private company suppling Sildenafil to local pharmacy chains under the names Sildanil, Sildaccord and Silerec.
- Alphapharm – is a subsidiary of the American company Mylan Pharmaceuticals since 2007. At the same time, it becomes the only supplier of medicines for Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories – is an Indian company with its own centers for development of pharmaceuticals in the USA, Europe and Australia. It supplies Sildenafil under the trademark Sildocor.
- Sandoz – is a part of the world’s largest pharmaceutical group Novartis. It presents itself as a manufacturer and developer of difficult-to-make generic medicines. In addition to Sildenafil, it produces OTC medicines and hospital injectable drugs, antibiotics, immunosuppressants, and pain relievers.
- Medis Pharma Australia – is a company located in Sydney, it was founded in 2013. It supplies Sildenafil under the trade names Ernafil, Mevia, Lisan and Zelnafil on Australian market. It is positioned as a supplier of prescription drugs.
- Pharmacor – is a subsidiary of the Indian pharmaceutical company Alkem. The company’s product range includes anti-infectives, analgesics, minerals and nutrients.
- All Australian suppliers of Sildenafil undergo a procedure of registration of their drugs in the TGA. In addition, the suppliers provide a variety of information that includes benefits and potential risks of Sildenafil, possible side effects and contraindications.
Therefore, Australians have no reason to doubt quality and originality of Sildenafil-containing drugs, if they are purchased at pharmacies operating under license.